Welcome...

Adam_Reynolds_small I'm Adam Reynolds, a producer, writer, and surfer based in Los Angeles. I use this space to catalog my media consumption, post research and pay tribute to the people and events that inspire my career. I can also be found on Twitter, or for examples of my production work, visit here. Feel free to email me with any questions or comments. Thanks for visiting.

May 14, 2009

Revisiting Bright Eyes

Digital Ash in a Digital Urn by Bright Eyes

Disguised behind catchy digital beats are spoken words of angst and self-struggle. Digital Ash in a Digital Urn is a vast departure from the traditional Bright Eyes melodramatic, country-twang albums we've come to know and love. Despite this departure though, Conor Oberst has remained consistent with the delivery of poetically crafted lyrical versus, not only reflecting his personal battles against inner demons and public misconceptions, but also his determination for self-reconciliation. Just as the album title suggests, Digital Ash in a Digital Urn represents a darker truth masked by the façade of new-age positivity and persistence. Oberst writes,

There is no right way or wrong way, you just have to live
And so I do what I do, and at least I exist
What could mean more than this?*

His words lend a simple truth to those who choose to listen, a truth, which suggests an appreciation for life.




* Lyrics from Bright Eyes - “Hit the Switch”

No comments:

Post a Comment