Welcome...

Adam_Reynolds_small I'm Adam Reynolds, a producer, writer, and surfer based in Los Angeles. I use this space to catalog my media consumption, post research and pay tribute to the people and events that inspire my career. I can also be found on Twitter, or for examples of my production work, visit here. Feel free to email me with any questions or comments. Thanks for visiting.

April 30, 2009

Watching...

Grizzly Man Grizzly Man

Fascinating on so many levels.

Truthfully, I don't even know where to begin. As a documentary, the film was well structured with a compelling story arc, and prooved to be well deserving of it's acclaim. As an adventure into the Alaskan wilderness, the film brought us candid video footage that few filmmakers could ever dream of capturing. Timothy Treadwell's home videos serve as hard proof that humans and wild animals can coexist, all the while forming authentic bonds of companionship. But most interestingly was the psychological profile nonfiction director Werner Herzog constructed of Treadwell; a man with a mysterious rhyme and reason for living life. Treadwell's home videos spoke largely of the man's personality, but it was Herzog who crafted Treadwell's raw footage into a compelling storyline, an unpresumptuous representation of one man's life as he chose to live it; with grizzly bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment