Welcome...

Adam_Reynolds_small I'm Adam Reynolds, a producer, writer, and surfer based in Los Angeles. I use this space to catalog my media consumption, post research and pay tribute to the people and events that inspire my career. I can also be found on Twitter, or for examples of my production work, visit here. Feel free to email me with any questions or comments. Thanks for visiting.

January 13, 2010

Watching...

I watched the following films during my holiday vacation in Baltimore.

War Child
War Child – Imagine being six years old and handed a loaded AK-47. You are then instructed to kill the very families who helped raise you.

War Child is a documentary about a former Sudanese war child and his escape to freedom. This film chronicles his journey from boy soldier to globally recognized musician – a lifestyle choice aimed to raise awareness for change. More specifically, advocating for education.



Bonnie and Clyde
Bonnie and Clyde – Bonnie and Clyde is an American classic; a timeless tale of a predominantly asexual criminal relationship. The plot is far from groundbreaking, but the dynamic of personalities makes this film. Consider it the Raging Bull of the western genre.



Avatar
Avatar – Avatar is, without a doubt, the Star Wars of today’s generation. It is visually stunning, technologically groundbreaking, and yet strikingly cliché. The epic plot is a composite of countless films, spanning many generations and many genres. And despite being absurdly predictable the audience remains actively engaged for duration of the film. We have James Cameron’s commitment to perfection to thank for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment