Welcome...

Adam_Reynolds_small I'm Adam Reynolds, a producer, writer, and surfer based in Los Angeles. I use this space to catalog my media consumption, post research and pay tribute to the people and events that inspire my career. I can also be found on Twitter, or for examples of my production work, visit here. Feel free to email me with any questions or comments. Thanks for visiting.

May 11, 2009

Dirty Laundry - A Short Film by Andrew Reynolds

Congrats to my brother, Andrew Reynolds for completing his student film!

Andrew is a sophomore filmmaker at Temple University in Philadelphia. "Dirty Laundry" was filmed as an extension for an original assignment, a 16 mm silent film, which was also entitled "Dirty Laundry."

Andrew's words: "My final film for Filmmaking. Shot on Bolex Rx5 with Black and White reversal 7266 Tri-x and 7265 Plus-X. All foley sound recorded with Marrantz solid-state recorder ME-80 shot-gun microphone. Thanks to everyone who helped out."



Below is the original assignment:

Andrew's words: "A 16mm Silent film, interior lighting project, foley sound to come."

Despite my family bias, I firmly believe that Andrew's progression as a young filmmaker is clearly evident - as exemplified by these two pieces of work, a before and after, if you will. In his later work, Andrew employs advanced visual and auditory techniques, which demonstrate an acute understanding of the process through which a filmmaker successfully creates the illusion of story through the medium of film.

Looking forward to seeing and sharing more of Andrew's work as he progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment